Basic Things About Spring Floors
A spring floor is a special kind of flooring that absorbs shocks from impacts, giving the feet softer and more stable feeling. This kind of
floor is considered as the ideal floor for indoor activities that requires a lot of movements like dancing, indoor sports like martial arts and
physical education. The spring feature of these mats greatly enhances the performance and reduces the risks of whatever indoor activity you will
do with it.
Modern versions of these mats are supported with foam backing or rubber feet, while the traditional versions provide springs using fixed woven
Modern kinds of these floors are designed to support and absorb bounce which is sometimes called semi-sprung. A spring floor however, is
designed to provide a good bounce, ideal for activities like gymnastics and even stunts for cheerleading.
The surface of the floor is replaceable to suit various needs for various activities, the available surfaces are called Marley floors or dance
floors. If you are planning to install a spring floor, it is important that you know the basics of what to look for about this thing. Here are
some requirements for a good sports floor or dance floor.
The floor’s surface should provide optimum performance and safety at all times.
The qualities of an ideal floor vary in the specific activity you would like to do with it.
Below is the detailed list of basic standard requirements for various type uses:
· The floor should not bee too hard as it can easily cause strain injuries, nor too soft as it can be very tiring to stay stable.
· The floor should be even and flat and should have small variations of characteristics in some parts for specific use.
· The floor should be “springy” enough to provide a good bounce and utilize energy to lift the feet when moving, but not too springy like a
· It should absorb impacts from falls to reduce the risks of injuries.
· It should feel like more of a wooden floor rather than spongy rubber floor, but still area elastic.
It is amazing how this simple accessory can make a big difference in your indoor activities. This equipment can be used in carpet bonded kits,
to tumble, and also at home.